What is a cable/harness tester
What is a cable/harness tester
(Summary description)To learn what the cable or harness testers could do in your industry. The fuction and the usage which help you to choose the right models.
- Categories:Company News
- Time of issue:2021-08-19 17:13
With the development of wire tester hardware technology and software technology, all current test methods tend to use various testers for comprehensive testing, gradually replacing manual and single testers for step-by-step testing. Cable is a general term for optical cables, wires and cables and other items used for photoelectric signal transmission. Cables have many uses and can be seen everywhere in real life. They are mainly used for controlling installation, connecting equipment, transmitting power and signal transmission, etc. They are common and indispensable items in daily life.
Since cables are mainly used for signal transmission, there are certain requirements for their physical and electrical properties. In the course of use, a wire tester needs to be used for various tests to detect whether its performance is normal and whether it meets the requirements for use. The detection content of the wire tester generally includes open circuit and short circuit, wiring error, insulation performance, withstand voltage performance, attenuation and crosstalk.
With the development of wire tester testing technology, the testing ability of testers has also been greatly improved, the test content is becoming more and more abundant, the test coverage and test accuracy are getting higher and higher, so as to more effectively ensure the overall cable performance. The wire tester is mainly for comprehensive testing of cable wiring error, insulation performance and voltage resistance. To provide a guarantee for the analysis of cable characteristics, the testable contents include open circuit and short circuit, wrong connection, leakage connection, insulation resistance, withstand voltage leakage current and other parameters. Such tester cores, multi-wire cores and cable networks can all be tested.
The main test function characteristics of the wire tester:
1. Continuity test function: it can quickly test wire diameter, short circuit, open circuit, pin misalignment (wire sequence relationship) and other fault states;
2. Insulation test function: When the rated DC voltage is applied to the tested cable, the wire tester automatically completes the multi-point insulation test. The boost time and test time can be set manually, which can quickly test the insulation resistance of any two unconnected wires, any wires and the shell;
3. Withstand voltage test function: When the tested wiring harness is applied with rated AC voltage, the wire tester automatically completes the multi-point withstand voltage test. The boost time and test time can be set manually, and can quickly test the withstand voltage leakage current value of any two unconnected wires, any wires and the shell;
4. Resistance test function: four-wire high-precision resistance test;
5. The wire tester adopts an advanced constant current method for testing, which greatly reduces the measurement error caused by external interference.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone